Free D in the Palm of Your Hand
More ammo for those of you who love the sun! Here is some info on my favorite vitamin and its wonderful origin.
16 SHOCKING Vitamin D Facts
1. UPWARDS OF 40% OF AMERICANS ARE DEFICIENT IN VITAMIN D!
2. 76% of pregnant mothers
are severely vitamin D deficient, causing widespread Vit D deficiencies in their unborn children.
3. 81% of children born to Vit D deficient mothers are deficient themselves.
4. Vitamin D deficiency is directly related to PROSTATE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, OVARIAN CANCER, DEPRESSION, COLON CANCER, OSTEOPOROSIS, THE FLU (IMMUNE FUNCTION), FIBROMYALGIA, PAIN DISORDERS, DIABETES I & II, and more.
5. Vitamin D is produced by your skin in response to exposure to UV radiation from natural sunlight.
6. Vitamin D-producing rays cannot penetrate windows/glass, clouds, nor sunscreen.
7. Even weak sunscreens (with an SPF of block your body’s ability to produce Vit D by 95%!! Sunscreens cause disease by blocking the production of this ESSENTIAL VITAMIN.
9. It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of Vitamin D from your diet without supplementation – sunlight is the only reliable way to get enough Vitamin D.
10. Vitamin D production is based on:
- Distance from Equator: Closer = More D
- Pigmentation of Skin: Lighter = More D
- Time of Year: Summer Months = More D
- Time of Day: Peak (10-2pm) = More D
- Cloud Cover: More Clouds = Less D
11. People with dark skin need upwards of 20-30 times more exposure to create similar amounts of Vit D. That is one reason that prostate cancer is epidemic among black men.
12. The recommendation for sun exposure is 10-30 minutes (enough to turn slightly pink without burning) in peak sun hours 2-3 times each week (if light-skinned, that will equal 10,000-20,000 IU’s of Vitamin D!!) If you can’t do that, or if it’s winter above the 37th parallel, then supplement with 2-5,000 IU/day (and more if you are overweight).
13. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET TOXIC AMOUNTS OF VITAMIN D FROM SUNLIGHT.
14. Toxic amounts from supplementation are usually around 30,000 IU daily for an extended period of time (weeks).
15. Sufficient levels of Vitamin D are required to absorb calcium from your digestive track (sufficient = 30% absorption; deficient = 15% absorption). Without the correct amounts of Vitamin D, much of calcium supplementation is wasted and just passes through the body.
16. Vitamin D is one of the most powerfully healing vitamins/hormones in your body, and your body makes it absolutely free as long as you play in the SUN!
Compiled facts about Vitamin D obtained from “The Sunshine Vitamin” on Natural News (www.naturalnews.com), a fantastic website that hand-selects awesome articles about Health/Wellness Victories and Sickness Monstrosities not widely publicized. Check it out!
Get Sunshine 4 Health,
Dr. Nicholas Araza DC CCWP